Recycling of paper waste:
- Sorting of papers/ or arranging in same colors
- Second one is pulping or slurring.
it can be mechanical or chemical re-pulping (chemical pulping is more efficient).
- Then the slurry is dried and pressed, through belt press machine and bleaching is optional to make paper cleaner
- Re-pulping results in shortening of fibers (loss in strength) and that’s why we can’t recycle 100% so we have to add 10 to 15 of new fiber
- paper consumption in world and 430 million tons and almost 50% is consumed by Asia and 25% by Europe
- 10 percent of production is recycled almost 40 to 50 million tons.
Energy consumption in recycled is 170% higher than virgin paper and 360% more residue and CO2 emission.so recycling of papers helps us reduction of deforestation but its more energy consuming than virgin paper generation.